- 1 How long does a relaxer retouch take?
- 2 Where do I start retouch relaxer application?
- 3 How often should you retouch a relaxer?
- 4 How often should you retouch your hair?
- 5 Which relaxer is best for hair growth?
- 6 What is a Thio relaxer?
- 7 How do you apply a Thio relaxer?
- 8 What happens if you stop relaxing your hair?
- 9 How many days before a relaxer can I wash my hair?
- 10 How long does it take to retouch hair?
- 11 Does root touch up damage hair?
How long does a relaxer retouch take?
Apply the relaxer until every clipped area is covered. This should take no longer than 10 minutes.
Where do I start retouch relaxer application?
Apply the relaxer to the top of the strand with the applicator brush. Apply relaxer ¼ inch to ½ inch away from the scalp (distance from the scalp will be determined during hair shaft analysis) and up to the porous ends (CAUTION: DO NOT APPLY RELAXER ON THE CLIENT’S SCALP).
How often should you retouch a relaxer?
The directions on most chemical relaxers suggest that hair should be retouched every 8 weeks. Please note however that you can extend the amount of time between your relaxer touch ups for longer than 8 weeks. Extending the amount of time between your relaxers for more than 8 weeks is known as stretching.
How often should you retouch your hair?
“I recommend anywhere from 8-10 weeks on average for touch-ups,” says Wauchope. While eight weeks between touch-ups is recommended, some may feel the need to apply relaxers more frequently.
Which relaxer is best for hair growth?
10 Best Relaxers For Black Hair
- Avlon Fiber Guard Sensitive Scalp Relaxer Kit.
- ORS Olive Oil Professional Creme Relaxer.
- TCB Hair Relaxer.
- Luster’s ShortLooks Color Relaxer.
- Hawaiian Silky No-Lye Relaxer.
- Miracle’s New Growth No-lye Relaxer.
- ORS Olive Oil Organic Root Stimulator No-Lye Relaxer.
What is a Thio relaxer?
Thio relaxers break the disulfide bonds in hair, similar to the permanent waving process. When enough of the disulfide bonds in the hair are broken, the relaxer is rinsed from the hair and the hair is towel dried. After towel drying, a neutralizer of some sort is applied to the hair.
How do you apply a Thio relaxer?
Instructions for Regular Thio Relaxers*:
- Apply thio relaxer to hair and process.
- Rinse, towel blot, and apply colorpHlex Step 1 to the hair by spraying on full strength.
- Distribute through the hair.
- Do not rinse.
What happens if you stop relaxing your hair?
In some cases, if you continue to relax your hair, you can cause permanent damage to your hair follicles, when this happens, your hair will not grow back. Below is a picture of scarring alopecia on the top of the scalp. Scarring causes the hair follicle opening to close. This causes permanent hair loss.
How many days before a relaxer can I wash my hair?
Don’t scratch, wash or work out 3-4 days prior to relaxer day. Believe it or not, this can cause scalp irritation, which can lead to burning. Let your hair rest. Do coat the length of your hair with oil or conditioner to protect the previously relaxed hair from the relaxer.
How long does it take to retouch hair?
How Long Does a Color Retouch Take? Usually, people go between 3-5 weeks for a color retouch because their new hair (the one growing from the roots) has reached a noticeable length.
Does root touch up damage hair?
Put simply: yes, you can, but it’s not the ideal scenario. The simple reason is that your hair is already colored, and the hair dye effect is still there, so applying another hair color over an existing one is horrible for your hair.